Skip to content
General ATM Security Advice
- Minimize the time spent at the ATM by having your card out and ready.
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious while conducting a transaction, cancel your transaction and leave immediately.
- If anyone follows you after making an ATM transaction, go immediately to a crowded, well lighted area and call the police.
- Always observe your surroundings before conducting an ATM transaction.
- Have your paperwork completed since a long delay is an invitation to robbery.
- Absolutely avoid using an ATM in an unlit area at night.
- When possible, take a companion along when using an ATM, especially at night.
- Keep your engine running, the doors locked and the windows up at all times when waiting in line at a drive-up ATM.
- When possible, leave room between cars to allow for a quick exit should it become necessary.
- Before lowering the window to use the ATM, observe the entire area around the ATM.